Monday, November 23, 2009

SEASONS


We spend most of our lives trying to make something great of it...And rightly so!But what are we trying to make of it?


We want to be someone special, someone important, someone great!
But in our quest to become something (or someone rather) great, do we ever stop to ask, "God, Who am I? What am I supposed to be doing? or better yet, "God, What will you have me do today? The great leaders of old and of our time have paved the way for us, and it is up to us to walk in those paths laid out for us.


But i am starting to wonder, "Maybe I have my own path to make?" Or am I to follow someone else's path (or footsteps)? This question can be answered in so many ways. It varies from person to person. One, it may very well be the Lord's will for one to follow in the foot steps of great leader. And two, God might be calling one to something else. Something even greater. Or maybe something, lets say... "less-greater" (for a season).


I think the key to it all is this: FINDING OUT WHAT SEASON GOD HAS YOU IN.


Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring all represents times of CHANGE. Each season brings happiness and sadness, joy and pain life and death all in one. You seriously can't have one with out the other. We all go through different seasons of life. Whether it is with people, places or things, there is a season we are in when we are living in these moments. For me-- my favorite season is Fall! I love fall! I love everything about it! It is the perfect medium between hot and cold. The cool, calm breeze of the wind and the beautiful mess the leaves make, the crisp sound of leaves crackling under my feet. Can't forget the beautiful foliage that overwhelms me as I take sunset walks or travel on the scenic roads marveling at God's creativity. His choice of colors are amazing! I love it! I also love bringing out the cute in-season boots and fly leather jackets, cute jean jackets, knitted hats and vibrant scarfs that goes with any outfit! I dress my best in the fall because I can still hold on to some summer clothes in this season. But i know that Fall will end and Winter will come, and I will have to prepare accordingly for the next season. I am going to have to put some things away to make room for the new!


Let us learn from King Solomon even in all his splendor, as he evaluates his life and ask yourself, "What season am I in?"


Check out
Ecclesiastes 3.


There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


Solomon goes on to say,


" He has made everything beautiful in it's time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men. Yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing can be taken from it. God does it so that men (or shall I say We) can revere HiM!"
So Do you know what kind of SEASON you're in? If not, Ask the Lord what will He have you to do this season. It could be a season of letting go of the old and embrasing something new and exciting! It could be a season of preparation of a great work or maybe its a season of seperation from people in your life! What ever it is, I encourage you to take time to hear what the Lord has to say about you! You MUST REMEMBER: SEASONS DON'T LAST ALWAYS. Whether it's good or bad. We all will have seasons of life that we love and some we will hate! That's just the way life is. So embrace whatever season the Lord calls you to! It will change your life!


Amen,


VoNi Deon

No comments:

Post a Comment