Monday, November 23, 2009

A CHALLENGE TO THE CHALLENGED


CHALLENGE
chal⋅lenge, [chal-inj]- noun, verb

1. a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
2. something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.: Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.
3. a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.
4. a demand to explain, justify, etc.: a challenge to the treasurer to itemize expenditures.
5. difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/CHALLENGE

I don't think people grow up saying, When I grow up, I want to be CHALLENGED. For the most part, CHALLENGED is not something we want to be. It's not even something we want to face at times! (Well, I will speak for myself). I mean, who in their right mind wakes up saying, "I want to be CHALLENGED today." I know I don't! First of all, When I think about the word CHALLENGE, it sometimes takes me to an uncomfortable place. A place where I don't want to go. A place that I don't want to see. Why? Because CHALLENGE is going to be there staring me dead in my face. I am going to have to look CHALLENGE square in the eyes and say, "What do you want from me?" CHALLENGE can come in expected or unexpected ways. CHALLENGE can knock us down or build us up. CHALLENGE can cause us to run away or force us to fight! CHALLENGE can be demanding OR commanding. CHALLENGE can cause us to grow up or shut down. CHALLENGE can strengthen us, or make us weak. Sure CHALLENGE is meant to be hard, but sometimes, it's good that it's hard. How else will we grow? How else will we build character or learn the true meaning of integrity? How else will we persevere? How else will we learn to press on and push the limits? You see, CHALLENGE wants to be our friend. But we make it our enemy. Not that we are to be best friends with CHALLENGE, but that we accept CHALLENGE for what it is. CHALLENGE teaches us boundaries and wisdom in our everyday life's experience. Yes CHALLENGE is hard, and does hurt SOMETIMES but it also teaches us to love, to listen and to live life by letting others in to help us get thru those CHALLENGES that come our way. CHALLENGEs come and go as they please, so we mine as well get used to to them coming around. Because CHALLENGE is a part of life. CHALLENGE is doing it's job and we have to do our job to face it in a healthy way.

So,
Other ways we can face CHALLENGE?
As an opportunity to grow and learn what we are really made of.
As a door ready to be kicked opened to something new, bigger and exciting.
As a bridge crossing to greater things.
As a window openning to something deeper stirring in our soul.
As a voice screaming or maybe even whispering in our ears, hearts, and minds to never give up.
As a mountain meant to be climbed to get over that person, place or thing that is holding us back or keeping us down.

Let me encourage you as I encourage myself.
CHALLENGE wants us to accept what it is! Not for what it does to us or how it makes us feel.

Sure it gets uncomfortable. Sure it get's hard, but WE MUST ALL COME TO FACE OUR CHALLENGES (what ever they may be) and learn to deal with them.

Honestly, I am being CHALLENGED as I write this. But I am also ENCOURAGED! : )

WILL YOU ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!
CHALLENGE DARES YOU TO ACCEPT IT.
How will you respond to CHALLENGE?

THERE ARE ALOT OF CHALLENGES IN THIS BLOG! I KNOW! LOL! : )

BUT I CHALLENGE YOU AS I HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED MYSELF TO LOOK AT IT AS A
DEVINE OPPORTUNITY TO GLORIFY GOD! NO MATTER WHAT IT IS!

SO INSTEAD OF SAYING, WHY ME?
ASK THE LORD, "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO GET OUT OF THIS."

BE EMPOWERED.
BE ENCOURAGED.
BE INSPIRED.
BE CHALLENGED.
VoNi

No comments:

Post a Comment